70 Lloyd Road, Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ 07423
7 th and 8 th grade Science
2. We will have homework on a regular basis. Work that is not handed in will receive a zero. Zeros can significantly lower your final average even if you do well on all of your other work. Homework assignments are always due the next class period unless indicated otherwise. This applies even if your printer is down, in which case you will need to have a contingency plan in place, such as writing it out by hand, pen and cursive.
Late homework penalties : 1 day late = -10
2 days late = -20
3-5 days late = ½ credit only
Over 1 week late = 0
3. When entering the lab, put away your unneeded materials in your personal drawer, check the board for the Objective, and record the homework assignment in your planner. Be ready to start the lesson! J
4. If you are absent from a lesson, please see me as soon as you return , preferably before the start of school , as this gives us more time to go over the lesson(s) you missed and to go over anything that seems unclear. Also, please be sure to check my webpage often for your missed assignments.
5. Safety in the Science Laboratory is of utmost concern. You must follow all safety rules every day. For lab investigations, students must wear closed toe shoes. A hair band (for long hair) is mandatory for lab investigations involving acids and/or open flames. Safety glasses will be provided when necessary. Always follow the rules on the Safety Contract.
6. Please check my webpage daily, as all homework assignments are posted there every afternoon.
7. Extra help is available mornings before school and after school. I would love to see you! Please arrange a time that is convenient for both of us.
8. Finally, and most important of all, Respect , Cooperation , Patience and Kindness are expected from all of us!
HAVE A GREAT YEAR!!
“The Ho-Ho-Kus Public School is committed to a high standard of academic excellence in compliance with the|
core curriculum content standards in a safe and nurturing environment that will allow students to maximize their
potential and prepare them to be responsible, contributing members of a diverse society.”